The Crew - Miss Fabulous, Lil Bro, Big Sis and Mr. Man

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Update

Oh, do I dare to post?  Things are going really well here in Loo-Loo Land. 

Of course as I am writing this Miss M is probably morphing into her past self.  Kidding.  She has really started to respond to intervention at this point.  She is 9 now and so I am sure maturing is a factor  too.  If you have not read the previous post you may want to.  Those interventions and etc. are the ones I am referring to.

All of the kids are doing well.  I am now officially the mother of a teenager and that is going in a pretty typical way.  The worst thing we are dealing with struggles to respect limits on Internet time, so yeah I'm grateful!  Big Sis fell over the pig that she was moving out of the chicken coop, I told y'all we moved to the country.  In reality she twisted her leg first and then fell down.  She grew 3 inches in recent months and that probably put a strain on her tendons and ligaments.  Her patella slipped to the right and tore her tendons.  It is a slow healing process but she does not need surgery (thank you) and with physical therapy she is on the road to recovery.  In about 3 months we should be at the end of that road.

Mister Man is doing well and is now only taking a low dose of ADHD medicine.  We tried no meds at all but that was a no go.  He had muscle lengthening surgery on both legs just 2 weeks after Big Sis' injury cause that's how we roll in Loo-Loo Land.  The surgery had been planned, the Big Sis injury was not.  Great timing, NOT!  He is doing really well and recovering quickly.  The surgery was a great success and I now wish I had had it done earlier.

Lil Bro graduated Kindergarten with flying colors.  His Kindergarten teacher does feel that  he is prone to refusing to do something that he does not know how to do and insisting that someone else do it for him.  Um, it was a not so subtle message on his report card.  So we are working on accepting that even though he is the size of a 4 year old he is a 6 year old and he needs to behave as such.  It's a work in progress.

I have been really ill, which is no fun and especially with the kids issues and going back to school.  I have been working on my prerequisite courses during the Spring and Summer semesters so that I can apply to the nursing program this Fall.  I am taking it one step at a time and hoping that my health holds out.

And this has been a 6 month Loo-Loo Crew update!


This bathroom was having a face lift
(we were in the process of removing wallpaper, that's why the wall looks like that.)

Big Sis (pre-injury) out by the pig pen with her friend.
The Hubs said this was a hillbilly hot tub!

6 comments:

GB's Mom said...

I am so happy you are all doing well :)

Jane said...

Just jumped onto your blog for the first time. We're also adoptive parents of two kids (both now teenagers, have mercy on us). It's good to hear that things are going pretty well at someone's house, because they're not great at ours. Hope you have a good summer.

beemommy said...

So glad to see the update! Wow, your oldest is turning into a mini-you! So tall! Sounds like except for the injuries and surgeries, you guys are having a "normal" life. (Although, normal IS only a setting on a washing machine.) Glad to read the progress.

deborah said...

I'm sooo happy to finally hear how things are going since your last update. It was scary, but, I'm so happy it helped and things are improving. My youngest is 9, too, but, not improving much, so far. We're about to get a therapist involved. I'm still jealous of your move to the country. I LOVE the country life, and, so do the girls, but, hubby...not so much. :( He's a city boy. Need to hear more about your health. Hope it's nothing serious. Say, I'd like to talk with you on the phone soon, as we're planning a trip your way and I'd love to meet up with you, if possible. :)

janetttt said...

Hi! Unfortunately, the situation with orphans in Ukraine isn’t much better as in other developing countries. Often there is no funding for the most needed things. That’s why we are helping orphans here https://hopenowusa.org. You can also join us and provide some kid with better living conditions.

Harris Clerk said...

Dutas T Tablet is a blend of two drugs that work differently to treat men with a broadened prostate organ. It helps alleviate symptoms, such as difficulty urinating or expecting to go to the toilet all the more often. It isn't utilized to prevent prostate cancer.