- I was born in a town called Hopewell, it smells bad, and so is referred to as Hope-smell. The town smells bad because of the petroleum factory in the town. My Dad worked at that factory and always said, "Smells like money to me."
- I won or placed in the young authors contest both times I entered, in the 4th and 11th grade. I have always loved to write and found it therapeutic even as a child.
- My husband is the only person I ever dated. I got married 3 weeks before my 20th birthday.
- I was a professional Nanny for 5 years and worked for some wealthy families. All of the families cried when I left but the first family and the last family that I worked for mean the most to me. I remember their kids birthdays and we remain in contact still. My first charge was an infant when I started working for her family and now she is 15. Time flies.
- Because of my experience dealing with different children with different challenges and abilities I felt well prepared to parent adopted children. I did not fully know what a damaged traumatized child was capable of. I do now.
- I like categories. I like putting things into categories. If I lived alone I would have a place for everything and everything in it's place. However, the universe seems against me on this one. With 7 people in this house the laundry is never really finished, dishes are always in use and in motion, and I could clean the floors daily and it would not be too much.
- I like to be alone. I cannot think well with other people around me. I don't like loud noises or bright lights. I like quiet activity like reading and riding a bike with the wind in my ears. I love to swim when the water is in my ears and all I hear is my own breathing.
Friday, November 6, 2009
I decided to do the 7 things about me as suggested over at Jeri's blog. Things you may or may not know about me.