The Crew - Miss Fabulous, Lil Bro, Big Sis and Mr. Man

Friday, November 6, 2009

7 things

I decided to do the 7 things about me as suggested over at Jeri's blog.  Things you may or may not know about me.

  1. I was born in a town called Hopewell, it smells bad, and so is referred to as Hope-smell.  The town smells bad because of the petroleum factory in the town.  My Dad worked at that factory and always said, "Smells like money to me."
  2. I won or placed in the young authors contest both times I entered, in the 4th and 11th grade.  I have always loved to write and found it therapeutic even as a child.
  3. My husband is the only person I ever dated.  I got married 3 weeks before my 20th birthday.
  4. I was a professional Nanny for 5 years and worked for some wealthy families.  All of the families cried when I left but the first family and the last family that I worked for mean the most to me.  I remember their kids birthdays and we remain in contact still.  My first charge was an infant when I started working for her family and now she is 15.  Time flies.
  5. Because of my experience dealing with different children with different challenges and abilities I felt well prepared to parent adopted children.  I did not fully know what a damaged traumatized child was capable of.  I do now.
  6. I like categories.  I like putting things into categories.  If I lived alone I would have a place for everything and everything in it's place.  However, the universe seems against me on this one.  With 7 people in this house the laundry is never really finished, dishes are always in use and in motion, and I could clean the floors daily and it would not be too much.
  7. I like to be alone.  I cannot think well with other people around me.  I don't like loud noises or bright lights.  I like quiet activity like reading and riding a bike with the wind in my ears.  I love to swim when the water is in my ears and all I hear is my own breathing.
Okay, your turn.  Link us to your blog or fill out the comment portion of this post with your 7 things.

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hi! Been browsing the blog a bit. Nice getting to know you! :]