The Crew - Miss Fabulous, Lil Bro, Big Sis and Mr. Man

Monday, November 16, 2009

Let's Go Green!

Let's Go Green!  I will be honest - I. Do. Not. Heart. Science Fair. Projects.

There, I said it. 

They become a lot of stinking work for the parents as they do most of the project help their child.  And what frightens me even more as I Big Sis begin this 5th grade Science Project is that in no time at all my first grade crew is also going to be needing help with Science Fair projects and that is going to be THREE projects going at once in the Loo Loo house.

This years project is on Recycling Greywater.



 We I am collecting greywater from the washing machine because I do ALL the laundry, 50% from the wash cycle and 50% from the rinse cycle.  Nan and I planted the lettuce plants that are going to be used in the project.  And I have a new 'you might be a redneck' to submit to Mr. Foxworthy - You might be a redneck if you have to plant your lettuce plants in a rabbit cage so that your Pit Bull Puppy does not eat the Science Fair Project.



I can't say I wouldn't have been willing to use the toilet bowl planter but we didn't have any extras.


                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                
Clearly I did not read the fine print in the parent handbook.  My bad.

5 comments:

jessica bear said...

Hahahaha! Fun stuff!! Is it for a science fair, or science class? Serena had a few cool projects to work on last year and the year before, but we haven't gotten any good ones yet this year - Dave lives for those (thankfully-so I don't botch her projects up!)

Mom 4 Kids said...

It is for the Science Fair but it is required and it counts as the majority of their science grade for the 3rd term. Lovely.

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

That was hilarious!! I LOVE the rabbit cage idea!

I know the feeling when it comes to school projects. My 5th grader had a 6 minute power point presentation to do...yes a power point presentation...for her Language Arts class. I was beyond frustrated with that one. As it was, I ripped him a new-one due to the fact that this was on top of a concurrent huge project I was already working on, but I really wanted to send a note to the teacher that read:
"Dear Dingleberry-first year teacher,
Thank you for assigning ME, yes ME, this power point assignment. Unless you are going to provdie my child with ample opportunity to use classroom computers, and TEACH them how to use said Power Point program, DO NOT assign some willy-nilly bs project to my 5th grader. My time is already monopolized enough; and I don't have time to do your job for you.
Sincerely,
One very LIVID parent"

I didn't think it would go over well.

Mom 4 Kids said...

Sanity Srchr if I cut and paste your letter onto my own word document I will totally give you credit! Good one!

Perspective RAD said...

love the toilet planter.. what a good idea! fun-