The Crew - Miss Fabulous, Lil Bro, Big Sis and Mr. Man

Monday, April 26, 2010

Outta Here!

The adenoids are gone! 

Our Mr. had a successful adenoidectomy and nasal whatever! The surgeon removed two HUGE adenoids which were completely blocking his nasal passage. The doctor said that he had a head full of stuff, which he cleaned out. He is recovering at home with Mama and the crew.


When they called me into the recovery room the terror in his eyes was the same that I saw at the orphanage the day they plopped him unclothed in to my lap. It was partly the meds but my Mama heart hurt.

When Miss M had her tonsils out at age 3 she made a huge fuss and insisted that they get "Mama now!" A bug eyed nurse came to me and said that they did not usually have the Mom come back so soon but that Miss was insisting and they wanted her to calm down. They didn't know her, ha!

But Mr. goes inside himself when he is in pain or sick on his stomach and for me that is more difficult to take. I think I handle the yelling better because I know exactly what's wrong and what's going on. With the introvert my mind wonders how bad is the pain and what else might be wrong? What's coming next? I am not really a big fan of surprise I guess. Okay I have my own control issues, most of which have been overcome by this point due to parenting a child with RAD. Let it go has a whole new meaning, survival.

As soon as we came home Mr. wanted to crawl into Mama's bed with Mama. He slept for 2 hours and woke up doing much better. I think more of the surgery meds had left his system. He ate a fruit chiller right off the bat and then took his pain med where he drew a picture that said, "Happy as a whale!" I think that sums it up nicely. In fact he was doing a little too well after said pain med and we have not needed to give it to him since. We are going to stick with the usual pain relievers, the ones without the pretty yellow coloring added to it.  

Pre-surgery pic!


Recovering



At home with a fruit chiller, just chillin!

6 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

Oh what a sweetie! He sounds so brave, much more brave than I would have been. Glad everything came out okay (get it, its a pun lol).

GB's Mom said...

Looks like he came through it like a trooper! Thanks for the update..

stellarparenting.com said...

great to hear that he did so well! Hope the next few days are good ones.

stellarparenting.com said...

great to hear that he did so well! Hope the next few days are good ones.

shastastevens said...

I'm so glad it went well and that he's up and chillin'!

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

I was praying everything would go smoothly, and it sounds like everything went wonderfully! What a strong trooper!! :)