The Crew - Miss Fabulous, Lil Bro, Big Sis and Mr. Man

Friday, October 24, 2008

You're gonna miss this ...

You’re gonna miss this - You’re gonna want this back - You’re gonna wish these days
hadn’t gone by so fast - These are some good times - So take a good look around
You may not know it now -
But you’re gonna miss this ...

It is obvious from reading these blog post that we live in a on going state of crisis at this time. We don't intend for this to be a permanent state of affairs but for the time being we get through it as best we can.

I was thinking about the things that are so precious to me in life, even with all this going on. My little E is the sweetest child ever and he has a heart of gold. As I'm writing this his 2 year old little self is fast asleep next to me in my bed because he refuses to sleep in his own bed for any length of time. One day he is going to be my last kid leaving home and I know the moments like these are going to be my treasures. I'm gonna miss it.

Even with all M's rage and challenges she has these moments where she says the funniest stuff and is so precious dressed from head to toe in pink with little pig tails. I'm gonna want this back.

C and his glasses that sit on his tiny nose. The way he says "excuse me" a million times in any given day. The one of a kind classic kid notes he writes me. I'm gonna wish this hadn't gone by so fast.

V who is already leaving the younger years behind and exploring new freedoms of Independence. These are some good times.

When V turned 1 year old, way back when, I can remember Dad saying to me "it has just gone by in a blink. 18 blinks and it's over!" Most days their bedtime can not come fast enough for me. But I know when reflecting on the over all picture, our little set of Kindergartners and our ever exploring toddler and lest we forget our big girl tween ... it for sure does go by in a blink.

No comments: