The Crew - Miss Fabulous, Lil Bro, Big Sis and Mr. Man

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Turbo

Did you know that Burger King Turbo coffee has 40% more caffeine than the regular coffee?  I did not.  But about 5 sips in and I was beginning to get a clue.

I began to realize that the coffee cup lid was smiling at me.

The exhaustion was still there but I was all jumpy and had to pee a lot.

A few hours later it was as if the turbo kicked it up a notch. I made a great dinner, bathed all the kids, snacks, teeth brush, to bed, spend time with Big Sis, her teeth brushed, her to bed and I was still doing laundry like a mad woman. I hardly noticed when it was midnight. By 1:30 am I though man I should try to go to sleep because this is going to bite me in the morning.

I settle in and try to sleep. As I battle feet pain and fidget trying to get it just right for sleep the darn dogs start asking to go out to pee. Great. I have to do that dance of the little ones out first followed by the lummox. Then everyone with fur back in the kitchen in their beds. I settle back down into my bed and 5 minutes later Lil Bro comes knockin. Why not? Mr. C had already entered into our bed. Mr. C was happy with his spot cuddled next to Mama and was not going to be giving that up. Lil Bro was going to have his spot next to Mama or no one would sleep. So I end up crammed between the two of them. Dad happy as a lark on his side with no cuddlers.

Now I have feet pain and I am crammed between two kids. Sleep is not going to happen. I sneak out to the boys room and climb in that bed (since no one was there). Ahh sleep. What time is it by now? I have no idea, no clock in the boys room. At 5:30 am Lil Bro realizes that I am not in my bed and sounds off. Miss M ends up in the living room startled. I put her back to bed and snuggle her in with her bear. Me and Lil Bro back to bed, sleep.

7am Miss M sounds off that she is not getting up and not going to school. Her sleep was interupted and that is not good. Dad went in and gave her some direction and she was able to get it together. We were all on pins and needles because it seemed it could go bad really quickly.

My recomendation is to drink Turbo coffee with care.

4 comments:

Rose said...

I want some of that coffee, but at 5AM not PM. :-)

Jeri said...

Why, oh why, is it always the mama who gets the little human heaters right next to her!? And yeah, I could use some turbo too.

Mom 4 Kids said...

Definitely Turbo is good at the right time of day!

Human heaters is right!

jessica bear said...

Whew! That wore me out just reading!